Elizabeth K. Tripodi focuses her practice on shareholder protection, representing investors in securities fraud litigation, corporate derivative litigation, and litigation involving mergers, acquisitions, tender offers, and change-in-control transactions. Ms. Tripodi has been named as a Washington, D.C. “Super Lawyer” in the securities field and was selected as a “Rising Star” by Thomson Reuters for several consecutive years.
Ms. Tripodi’s current representations include:
• In re Tesla, Inc. Securities Litigation, No. 3:18-cv-04865-EMC (N.D. Cal.) (lead counsel in class action representing Tesla investors who were harmed by Elon Musk’s “funding secured” tweet from August 7, 2018)
Ms. Tripodi has played a lead role in obtaining monetary recoveries for shareholders in M&A litigation:
• In re Schuff International, Inc. Stockholders Litigation, Case No. 10323-VCZ, achieving the largest recovery as a percentage of the underlying transaction consideration in Delaware Chancery Court merger class action history, obtaining an aggregate recovery of more than $22 million -- a gross increase from $31.50 to $67.45 in total consideration per share (a 114% increase) for tendering stockholders.
• In re Bluegreen Corp. S’holder Litig., Case No. 502011CA018111 (Circuit Ct. for Palm Beach Cty., FL), creation of a $36.5 million common fund settlement in the wake of a majority shareholder buyout, representing a 25% increase in total consideration to the minority stockholders
• In re Cybex International S’holder Litig, Index No. 653794/2012 (N.Y. Sup. Ct. 2014), recovery of $1.8 million common fund, which represented an 8% increase in stockholder consideration in connection with management-led cash-out merger
• In re Great Wolf Resorts, Inc. S’holder Litig, C.A. No. 7328-VCN (Del. Ch. 2012), where there was a $93 million (57%) increase in merger consideration
• Minerva Group, LP v. Keane, Index No. 800621/2013 (N.Y. Sup. Ct. 2013), settlement in which Defendants increased the price of an insider buyout from $8.40 to $9.25 per share
Ms. Tripodi has played a key role in obtaining injunctive relief while representing shareholders in connection with M&A litigation, including obtaining preliminary injunctions or other injunctive relief in the following actions:
• In re Portec Rail Products, Inc. S’holder Litig, G.D. 10-3547 (Ct. Com. Pleas Pa. 2010)
• In re Craftmade International, Inc. S’holder Litig, C.A. No. 6950-VCL (Del. Ch. 2011)
• Dias v. Purches, et al., C.A. No. 7199-VCG (Del. Ch. 2012)
• In re Complete Genomics, Inc. S’holder Litig, C.A. No. 7888-VCL (Del. Ch. 2012)
• In re Integrated Silicon Solution, Inc. Stockholder Litig., Lead Case No. 115CV279142 (Sup. Ct. Santa Clara, CA 2015)
Prior to joining Levi & Korsinsky, Ms. Tripodi was a member of the litigation team that served as Lead Counsel in, and was responsible for, the successful prosecution of numerous class actions, including: Rudolph v. UTStarcom (stock option backdating litigation obtaining a $9.5 million settlement); Grecian v. Meade Instruments (stock option backdating litigation obtaining a $3.5 million settlement).